Monday 9 January 2012

Making shapes

Here are some images to show the shapes that will be in the final project. So far I have pictures of the Platonic Solids. I found these the easiest to make which I thought was interesting given that they represent the natural world. To me,this observation has stressed the importance of taking architectural and design ideas from nature because nature is, in fact, lazy and finds the easiest way to do things. I am not advocating laziness, however I simply think there are definitely so many lessons human beings can learn from nature. Another point is that when finished, I personally think this set of shapes provide the most aesthetically pleasing photographs and the neatest complete overall shape.
icosohedron net

Octohedron with flash to show up the details

Tetrahedron, octahedron, icosohedron and dodecahedron

All five shapes

The five shapes

I left the openings so they could be viewed inside for the people shots

My work space

No comments:

Post a Comment