Saturday 7 January 2012

Bokeh: Tests

The main thing you will see in this post is progression. Spending an entire evening indoors was completely useless and frustrating because I couldn't get the images I needed and was trying to over think the science behind it. Spending five seconds with the right light sources outdoors meant I got exactly the right type of picture I wanted! Here's the photosgraphs. First through to last.


Bokeh Test 1 : Square aperture. Indoors

Bokeh Test 2 : Triangular aperture. Indoors

Bokeh Test 3 : Triangular aperture. Outdoors (first shot) 

Bokeh Test 4 : Triangular aperture. Outdoors

Bokeh Test 5 : Triangular aperture. Outdoors

Bokeh Test 6 : Triangular aperture. Outdoors  
As you can see there is a huge difference in the effect depending on indoor shooting and outdoor shooting. This was done with the same camera and lens on the same settings. I am really excited about incorporating this effect into my project but at also taking it futher in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment